Getting data out of a mysql database into a text file is pretty straight forward using mysqldump
mysqldump5 -u USERNAME -p DATABASE_NAME TABLE_NAMES > /PATH/TO/FILENAME
TABLE_NAMES are optional and need to separated by a space if you are exporting a couple.
A couple of useful additional flags you can add after table names
- –xml – converts sql output to xml which makes for an easier read
- –no-create-info – outputs just data and no schema data.
- –no-data – the opposite of above, which gives you just the schema
- –complete-insert – to get column names within your insert statements
- –skip-triggers –compact –no-create-info – for just insert statements